Web portal empowering NGO
In today’s world, 1 in 6 people lack basic resources required for day-to-day survival, almost half of the world, over 3 billion people live on less than $2.50 per day.
“Problems of our world aren’t going to be solved by the few, but by the many”- with this thought, an NGO started out by finding ways to personally connect brands, non-profits, and people through art, music, media, and culture. But these tools were limited and temporary.
Apparently, the NGO started losing contacts with the masses post their accomplishments and could not build up an adhesive link to empower them with funds to fund the great non-profits.
Now, the NGO wanted to utilize the power of social media – posts and tweets to bring together funding and people and projects in a way that will put love into action.
Sveltoz, then built an online web portal to help the NGO fulfill their dreams to “PUT LOVE IN ACTION” with below features:
- Sign up feature to allow users to register with the NGO and begin funding projects they care about the most.
- Option to buy products of their favorite brands from website store, which empowered them with real dollars to fund life changing projects.
- Featured, online payment facility to allow users to fund their desired projects on the go and track them.
- Allowed users to share their funding experience via social media, there by create a butterfly effect by telling friends and inspiring them to participate as well.
- Gift card program by introducing two ways – to give the powerful gift of giving– electronic and corporate gift card purchases to allow friends / employees to fund non-profit projects meaningful to them.
Key Business impact:
- Since the launch, NGO has impacted thousands of lives around the world.
- The corporate gift card purchases helped the corporate to build their loyalty, new customers and rich data in response to the contribution.
- It started with the user, to their friends, their favorite brands and ended with someone receiving: clean water, food, education, medical supplies, joy, hope, love, dig wells, teach children, clean beaches, plant trees, treat disease, rebuild homes, rebuild lives, and eventually rebuild communities.
- The NGO turned out to be known to stick the charities to brands and was featured in SFO business journal.
Key Implementation Challenges:
- Architectural complexity - Application required MVC 1 with NHibernate and multilevel architecture.
- Browser compatibility.
- API Integration - Identifying API’s for Face book and Twitter and Broadcast application message on social media.
- Integration with payment gateway – PayPal.
Key success factors:
- The application was developed using multi-layered architecture comprising client server solution & web architecture.
- It has the facility to support using VPN with the help of web services framework.
- Microsoft .Net Framework 3.5
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008.
- C# .net, Asp.Net MVC2, Ajax, nHibernate, Paypal, Twitter, Facebook Integration